DVD: Deepest Truth Human Existence
Yes, you have a name, a personal history, and important goals and aspirations. But there is so much more to you than that. Recorded on retreat in Rishikesh, India, The Deepest Truth of Human Existence invites you to join Eckhart Tolle to realize who you are beyond the thought-based “little me” that too often dominates our lives.
Eckhart begins by exploring the way we come to develop a separate sense of self, and how from a very young age our minds are conditioned to maintain what he calls “the story in the head.” Struggle and dissatisfaction inevitably ensue as we rush to meet the endless demands of our egoic identities. Offering practical pointers for freeing ourselves from “the primacy of the ego,” Eckhart guides us into the direct experience of our essential nature beyond the level of thinking as he discusses:
• Honoring our psychological identities and the important roles they serve
• The mind’s need for opposition—and the choice to surrender to the totality of the cosmos
• Paying attention to “the lessons of the Now”
• Accepting the limitations inherent in any life situation
• The unconditioned consciousness from which all phenomena arise
“The truth of who we are is never found in the past or future,” explains Eckhart. “It is here, now, immediate.” The Deepest Truth of Human Existence gives you the opportunity to make this great discovery yourself.
- Additional information